View Rates
View Listings
Contact usBook Now

You've Got Questions?

We've got answers!

We've put together a list of our most popular questions. Don’t see yours? Contact Us and we’ll be happy to assist you with your inquiry.

Can I bring my pet or my ESA?

Based on the 2013 HUD issued Notice on Service Animals and Assistance Animals for People with Disabilities in Housing, a housing provider may deny requests for “assistance animals” only if: (1) granting the request will impose an undue financial and administrative burden; (2) allowing the animal will fundamentally alter the housing provider’s services; or (3) “the specific animal in question” poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others or would cause substantial damage to the property of others.

The WIHN believes that we fall under all three permissible exemptions listed above. Therefore, we do not allow pets or animals designated for emotional support in our shared housing units/properties.

Being found in possession of or to have harbored a pet will result in penalties up to and including surrendering of deposit and all financial culpability for cleaning and remediation of property or other damages The WIHN may incur as a result of violation of this provision.

Are your listings fully furnished?

Yes! The WIHN has been providing completely furnished housing to D.C.'s visiting interns and fellows for the past 12+ years. Please click this link to learn more about what exactly we provide in each of our apartment and historic row homes. View our Standard Items List.

I have a room available for rent, can I list it on your website?

No, The WIHN is not a listing service. We manage and operate several dormitory-style student and intern housing facilities in Washington, D.C. However, if you're also looking to provide housing to DC interns and college students we do recommend our affiliate company,

What is The WIHN? How does it work?

The WIHN manages several dormitory-style student and intern housing facilities in Washington, D.C. These are not regular apartments, and are only open to students and interns. If you are a full-time college student studying at a school in DC, or a college student coming to DC for an internship as part of your studies, you are eligible to live with The WIHN and in one of our properties. The WIHN has more than 12 years of experience offering students and interns safe, high-end dormitory-style housing throughout DC. The WIHN does not offer 12 month long leases and provides housing on a semester or session-based system only.

Is The WIHN open and booking new residents in the face of COVID-19?

The WIHN is still open and taking new reservations for all upcoming semesters. We are actively taking health measures to help protect our community from COVID-19, and have adopted policies in accordance with CDC and DC Department of Health guidelines.

Selecting & Booking a Room
What are your minimum stays and why are they required?

In 2018, Washington, D.C. changed the laws governing short term property rentals. The WIHN must abide by and follow these new regulations. As a result, we are no longer able to take reservations totaling less than 112 nights throughout the Spring or Fall semesters or 84 nights in the Summer.

**The WIHN will consider splitting a 12 week Summer session between two guests as long as there is alignment on the requested dates of stay. A $200 administrative and split session fee apply.**

Residents and guests are welcome to depart The WIHN at any point but you WILL BE BILLED for a 12 or 16 week minimum stay. Thank you for your understanding.

What documents does a guarantor need to provide?

A guarantor needs to provide a copy of a valid current photo ID and a completed Guarantor Form, which will be sent by the Housing Advisor. Current IDs (valid) are IDs issued by a city/state/federal agencies.

What is a guarantor? Who can be one?

A guarantor is a person over the age of 21, usually a parent, who agrees to be responsible if you are ever unable to fulfill the financial obligations of your housing agreement. If you can't get a parent to be a guarantor, the next best bet would be a relative or friend.

What are the dates I can make a reservation?

WIHN books all reservations by the semester. Current semester dates can be found on each residence page. Go to the residence you are interested in, and look for the semester options in the Rooms & Rates section.

What do I have to pay when submitting my reservation? Can I pay monthly?

We do not offer monthly payments. The payment structure for each reservation type is: All reservations must be paid in full either on or before the day of arrival. Otherwise, The WIHN does offer a split payment option. Under the split payment option, a guest may pay 50% of their outstanding rental fees upon check-in while the remaining 50% will be due within the first 30 days.

There is a $200 additional split payment fee added to your housing bill if the split option is elected.

What forms of payment are accepted?

We accept all major credit cards. Complete the reservation via your Roomsie portal. Please note that there are no additional charges for paying via credit card.

What is the $400 security deposit fee for?

Each guest must pay a $400 security deposit to secure their placement. This fee guarantees your spot so that we do not offer it to any other applicant and is fully refundable within 45 days of the end of OUR housing session. It may also take up to an additional 7-10 business days to see this reflected back to your statement. Assuming there has been no excessive damage done to the property beyond normal wear and tear or other rules or policy violations that require deposit deductions, this deposit will be refunded to the card from which is was paid. No exceptions.

Can I send packages to The WIHN before I check in?

Unfortunately, we do not have enough storage space to hold packages for more than one business day. If you have not checked in, all packages received could be returned to sender.

What is the check-in procedure?

You will receive an email with details from the Student Life department at least two weeks prior to check-in. You will need to show a valid photo ID at check-in. An approved government-issued photo ID can be either a driver's license or other state-issued ID. Non-US persons can present a passport.

How are roommates paired? Are rooms co-ed?

Rooms are not co-ed. We take several factors into consideration when pairing roommates together. For example: age, internship/type of school, sleeping preferences, etc. We always attempt to match roommates based off of the information you provide during your room reservation, but it is not always guaranteed. If you have any special requests, please let your Housing Coordinator know and we will do our best to accommodate them. If you reserved your room directly with your school/company they may or may not do all pairing and room allocation.

Can I live with a friend?

Sure! If availability at the time of reservation allows you both to book the same room type, in the same building, we would be happy to put you together. Please make sure that BOTH of you request to live with each other when you are making your reservation with your housing coordinator. Also, if you refer a friend to your housing coordinator and you both book with The WIHN, you’ll be rewarded $200 for EACH referral! Click here for more info.

Join our community

Upscale, fully furnished, urban living for interns & universities.

Find Your Ideal D.C. Space

Click to explore top-tier, fully-furnished rooms available exclusively through Roomsie